Search This Blog

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Saturday Pickin'

Here is today's small haul. I was in my husband's small car - it doesn't carry as much as my Hyundai. That, and it's liable to break down at any moment. It's a 1994 Chevy Caviler and it's so loud, I couldn't hear the lady talking to me at the pharmacy window. But, it's still getting us from point A to point B and that's what matters.

I started at a yard sale fundraiser for a local animal rescue group, where I  grabbed that huge piece of salt glaze pottery for a ridiculously low price and a broken table. I'm working on a salt glaze collection like my Grandma has, so this piece will stay with me. I plan to rip the top off the table and replace it with barn boards. (Again with the plans women, get to work!) The grate came from an estate sale yesterday. I had plans to go back, but ran out of moolah! 


But, it would of course be a day like today that I can't fit things into my car and I go to the BEST yard sale last. It had nothing but vintage items. I grabbed what I could (of course by this time, I had limited funds as well), which amounted to a typewriter, letters, and that gorgeous blue dresser (which a very nice man delivered for me!)


Closeup of the letters - these would make an awesome craft project! I choose to spell out "Pickin'" because it's what I love to do most!


And finally, today I sold these signs! It's always a thrill to see something you made and invested time with find a home! These are going to a local girl's kitchen!



Sharing with:



3 comments:

  1. You made some great signs and bought some great stuff. I love the crock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your signs! Hope you don't mind if I Pin it because I would like to do one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind at all, flattered in fact! Thank you.

      Delete

Always love to hear from you!