Search This Blog

Monday, July 8, 2013

Switchin' it up and some flowers

Have I mentioned our new house is small? We've lost about 200 square feet and on top of that our living room is an awkward long rectangle and our furniture is big.

Living room before we brought anything in....



and after testing the couches in a million different areas on both sides of the living room, we settled on a place.


and then after a close up of the large couch, we sold it in a few days. In place of it, we have this.


The chair was around $15 or so, a purchase from a friend. While it's old and outdated, crying loudly to be reupholstered, I'm kind of diggin' the yellow for now. So, It's definitely a project that can be held off for awhile (which is good, because I have so many to do!)

And...after setting up this little area, I updated the centerpiece on our farmhouse style table. These lovely hydrangeas were given to me by a neighbor.


in love with them!

Have you changed up anything in your home lately?


A Stroll Through Lifel


125x125

2 comments:

  1. Love farm chic look and your Bull Brand art! New follow:) Follow back at
    http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/07/vintage-swimwear.html
    http://www.etsy.com/treasury/MTE3MDI5MzF8MjcyMjE1NTA0Mw/shades-of-white

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do understand the downsizing issue. My home is about 1/2 the size of my last one, so it is a constant battle to pare down the furniture. I really like the yellow chair, great color. I would love for you to link up to my ongoing party - Inspire Me. - --http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/07/172nd-inspire-me-tuesday.html Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

Always love to hear from you!