Search This Blog

Monday, September 17, 2012

30 Minute Chair Makeover

I'm in love with this chair - I picked it up for $1 at a yard sale this weekend.
 

I love the waves across the top and the spindles along the back. It's old and perfect. So old, all the shine had worn off. The wood was perfect and raw, no sanding necessary. So what do you do with a lovely chair like this?


 You paint it of course. A perfect old flat white latex picked up at a yard sale for 50 cents. This chair was a a cinch to paint. I lightly dipped my brush in the paint, wiped off most of the paint on the side of the can, then painted. Since the wood was so worn, the paint brushed on heavily in some areas, and not so heavy in other areas.


It created the perfect time-worn look.So, now the chair sits on my patio with a rusty blue oil can that holds a pretty plant my husband bought me. Loving the spindles more now, actually I'm swooning over them..


 You can still see the wood grain on the chair, like the paint naturally wore away.


So, I call this my 30 minute chair redo. From getting it out of my car, to wiping away the cobwebs, to painting and letting it dry, it probably took about 30 minutes. I'm in love with this paint, and can't wait to use it on something else!


Sharing this at:

Miss Mustard Seed
Brambleberry Cottage
Homespun Happenings

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Don't you just love the 30 minute projects?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this chair! It looks like time has aged it, not a paint bruch. The quick projects are so great to do in between the more time consuming ones. I'm a new follower through GFC. Hope you can follow back when you get a chance.
    Tuula :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your technique is fabulous. I love the aged look you created and the fact that it was a quick redo. Nice work!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty impressive for 10 minutes! The price is even more impressive. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this darling chair. Great find and love the way it came out. I saw you on Homespun. I am the first entry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! Found you at Miss Mustard Seed's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from MMS. Lovely transformation! -Angela @ Mrs. White Twig & Tea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the chair. I'm your newest follower. Come check out my blog when you have a minute at http://sister-number-5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly distressed! What a lovely vignette for your porch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great find! Love it! Thank you for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Always love to hear from you!