Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Baby Blue


Well, I actually finished these Baby Blues awhile back - even before the green with envy side table. They've just been sitting on my work table in the garage. I think I'm in love with this set, I'm pretty sure its my favorite that I've done so far.


I grabbed this set at a yard sale. The wood is cherry. Have you ever sanded cherry? Well, it of course turns even more cherry. And even when you prime it, the red shows through the white. You can't hide it. I tell you what, even when you paint it, the red shows through the blue. And even when you cover the piece in dark wax, the red still shows through. But, to tell you the truth - I like it. It's me. I love red and blue, can't get enough.



The first time around, these babies look like leopards. The distressing was forced (David's words), but it did look terrible. So, I primed over those parts and repainted. I went for a lighter sanding on the table tops and heavier on the legs. Love it. Did I say that enough?


Speaking of baby blues and love, I'm also in love with this sweet song Scott Avett wrote for his daughter.



Sharing at:

The Brambleberry Cottage
Miss Mustard Seed



Homespun Happenings

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! Thank you for sharing this at Rustic Restorations Weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Always love to hear from you!